👋 Hi, I'm Aki
Thanks for checking out the site. I created it so I could explore and share some of the lessons I’ve learned from the trenches of talent work and team-building at companies like Google, Uber and Netflix. And I'd love others to help refine and improve my thinking around the topics I'm passionate about. ⬇️
- Born in Nigeria, to an American mother and Palestinian father
- Raised in Northport, New York
- Lived and worked in 🇬🇹Guatemala, 🇨🇳 China, 🇵🇸 Palestine; 🇸🇬 Singapore for past 9 years
- Worked in different recruiting and HR roles at Google, Greylock Partners, Dropbox, Uber and Netflix
- Left Netflix In March, 2021 to start my own business
- Language hacker, reader, film buff, news junky!
Interests - topics I ❤️ and write about:
- Startups and technology -- products, business models, teams, cultures, and the interplay between them
- Recruiting/hiring/building/scaling diverse, world-class teams
- Navigating career: "career-compounding" skills like negotiation, networking, storytelling; concepts like risk, reward and leverage.
- Leading and managing people
- Inclusion, at work, and outside of it
Find me here:
TalentStories - sign up for the newsletter that makes you smarter about work: 3 brief, curated insights into the changing world of work, served to your inbox!
Twitter - @akitaha